Search This Blog

Saturday 29 December 2012

Some helpful tips and tricks :) - SKINCARE

I thought I would post some helpful tips and tricks for you all today, as I often get asked for them.

Today's post will relate to skincare - keep your eyes peeled for the next installments of tips!

I'll start with the most obvious one - ALWAYS MOISTURISE!
This is so important whether you have dry or oily skin, of course making sure you have a suitable product for your skin type. I have normal to dry skin and love Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser as I think it does wonders for my skin. Of course, everyone's different so you should ask for samples before deciding whether to buy, however, keep in mind that the sample size may not be large enough to show results. Moisturising keeps your skin hydrated and creates a perfect base for applying makeup.


The next one is equally important - ALWAYS TAKE YOUR MAKEUP OFF AT NIGHT!
I cannot stress this one enough. Always, always, always take your makeup off before you go to sleep. Failing to do this will cause spots and will not do your skin any good. This doesn't mean you have to spend a huge amount of money on an expensive makeup remover - baby wipes or olive oil will do the job. It is also important to remember to wash your bedsheets if you forget one night as the makeup will transfer on to your pillows, duvet etc and the next night, will transfer back on to your face even if you have taken your makeup off. Not good!

I have to include this one - ALWAYS DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!
Water will do wonders for your skin, hair, nails etc. Follow this rule religiously and you will soon see the differences it can make.

The above are pure essentials for skincare and there is much more to be covered but I could be here forever! However, a very important thing is always be gentle with your skin. I see so many people using tens of products every day for their skin - this just isn't necessary. You don't want product build-up which can also cause spots and the like. More importantly, your skin needs to breathe so allow it to and all will be well :)

Hope you liked the tips! If theres anything you feel I missed out, please leave it below in the comments. Thank you :)

Nadia, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!